Happy (almost) New Year!
2012 just has a nice ring to it, doesn’t it?
Everyone is making resolutions. But you know what? I kind of like it. I love the idea of everyone improving a little bit, together. There’s a sense of camaraderie to it, even if statistics show a lot of resolutions are given up on by February.
I believe our job is to find our own purpose. We all have the means to better ourselves and our situations.
“It is what it is, but it will become what you make of it.” – Pat Summitt (via Leah Bray Nichols)
So, here are some of the things I want to make happen in 2012:
- Improve this little blog and meet some fellow DIY bloggers (something I looking forward to doing at the Haven Conference in June!)
- Play the piano again. I know a little bit, but I’m starting lessons so I can actually move beyond Christmas songs! And, to be honest, one of the reasons I want to learn to play is because I think rooms with pianos are gorgeous and I refuse to be a girl who owns a piano she can’t play.
- Further my yoga practice.
- Create a gallery wall in my house with all of the great photos that currently live on my computer.
- Add some more healthy staples to my cooking repertoire. I’ve been trying to make tweaks to incorporate more clean eating into my life (and eliminate over-processed and chemically-altered foods), so I’m on the hunt for yummy recipes and snack ideas. (This girl likes to snack.)
- Create a memory book from all of the things I cleaned out of my old bedroom at my parents’ house. Well maybe not all of the things, but the important ones.
- Complete at least one DIY project a month.
- Remind myself to find something pretty in every day.